Applicants for the Impact100 Orange County Grant must meet the following criteria to be nominated for our grant:
- Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, independent of a financial sponsor (local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization).
- Be in operation for at least 36 months prior to applying for the Grant.
- Provide services in the geographic area and benefitting the residents of Orange County, CA.
- Expend 100% of funds awarded by Impact100 OC as described in the grant application.
- Funds must be used within a 24-month period. The organization has up to 3 years to demonstrate the impact of the Grant. The monies will be distributed based on the project/program needs with the organization determining the appropriate disbursal intervals.
- A project/program will be considered if it serves a diverse population without regard to religion or require faith-based activity, but can be under the auspices of a religious organization or physically housed in a religious organization.
GRANT FUNDS SUPPORT:
- The expansion of an existing project/program.
- Launching a new program.
- Technology, both software and hardware, if it is integral to the proposed project or program.
- Grant can be used for capital purchases** but only if it’s designated for a specific measurable project/program under consideration for the Impact100 OC Grant.
- Funds may be designated for general operating expenses and overhead specific to the project being funded.
**A capital expenditure is an asset that the owner intends to hold and derive benefit from for a period of one year or more, and that the owner depreciates or amortizes over the asset’s expected life.
GRANT FUNDS MAY NOT BE USED IN THESE WAYS:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding, or endowment funding.
- Grants to individuals or private foundations.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.
GUIDELINES FOR IMPACT100 OC GRANT:
- Applicant must select only one focus area in which to be considered. Focus areas are: 1) arts & culture, 2) education, 3) environment, recreation, & preservation, 4) family, 5) health & wellness.
- Final proposal should include a time-bound budget with measurable goals.
- Grant recipient must submit periodic progress reports and work with Impact100 OC chairs for the duration of the grant period.
- Proposal must demonstrate ability to be sustainable beyond the grant funding cycle.
- Organizations awarded Impact100 OC Grants may not apply for the following 3 years.
- An organization may submit only one application per year.
- Incomplete applications or missed deadlines will disqualify the application.
As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Orange County reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria without notice at any time.